Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review: Gigi Microwave Tweezeless Wax

Gigi - Microwave Tweezerless Wax 1 oz.
 
Seeing as how I had a job interview today and my brows were in pretty rough condition, I decided to pick this up. I normally either spend 30 minutes tweezing every little hair individually (which I'm not gonna lie, I really really hate tweezing) or spending $15 at a salon.
This little beauty was only $4.99. 1/3rd of the cost of a salon waxing and it's even cheaper than that if you have Sally Beauty's loyalty card!

When I was in high school, my grandma had something similar to this - a mircowavable wax with zero muslin strips. I had looked online for a while and had never found anything like it, thank goodness for Sally Beauty supply! <3 So happy to find it!

Instructions:
You take the lid off, pop this bad boy in the microwave in 15 second intervals until it's creamy (not runny!) and apply to the area of hair you want gone. It dries pretty fast, within seconds and you just rip it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Within I'd say 5 minutes, all the stray overgrown hairs I needed desperately to get rid of were gone - no going back over with the wax. I did spend a little bit more time shaping but I'm so happy with the outcome! I had to tweeze a couple of hairs here and there that didn't get caught in the wax but that's still better than how I was doing before! Also, I just like how clean waxing is, tweezing NEVER seems to get all the hair. :(
 
 
This is definitely a keeper in my products collection. I think eyebrows are so so important to the overall look and structure of your face and really severe ones can just overshadow everything else. So this is a little cheaper and certainly more convenient than going to a salon.


No comments:

Post a Comment